6:59pm on Oct 19, 2021
Recently completed transactions
Rhyolite Ridge, Nevada
Sibanye-Stillwater Limited is pleased to announce that it has reached agreement with ioneer Limited to establish a joint venture with respect to the Rhyolite Ridge Lithium-Boron Project. Following the satisfaction of all conditions precedent as detailed in Transaction Details, paragraph 4 below, Sibanye-Stillwater will contribute US$490 million for a 50% interest in the Joint Venture, with ioneer maintaining a 50% interest and retaining the operational management responsibility for the Joint Venture.
Sibanye-Stillwater announced on 30 July 2021, that it has entered into an exclusive put option agreement (“Put Option”) with French mining group Eramet SA (Eramet) for the acquisition of 100% of the Sandouville nickel hydrometallurgical processing facility, located in Normandy, France
Sibanye-Stillwater shareholders (“Shareholders”) are referred to the circular to Shareholders dated 2 November 2020, which contained details regarding the odd-lot offer (“Odd-lot Offer”) to Shareholders holding fewer than 100 Sibanye-Stillwater shares (“Odd-lot Holders”) and a specific offer (”Specific Offer”) to Shareholders holding 100 Sibanye-Stillwater shares or more but equal to or fewer than 400 Sibanye-Stillwater shares (“Specific Holders”), (collectively, “Offers”).
Keliber is an advanced lithium project, located in the Kaustinen region of Finland, one of the most significant lithium-bearing areas in Europe.
Sibanye-Stillwater enters into a strategic acquisition agreement with Generation Mining to further its Marathon project.
Acquisition of Lonmin
The combination with Lonmin positions the enlarged Sibanye-Stillwater Group as a leading mine-to-market producer of PGMs in South Africa. The realisation of significant synergies between the operations, will deliver longer term benefits for all stakeholders of both companies is expected to result in this being a value accretive transaction for Sibanye-Stillwater shareholders.
On 10 January 2020 Sibanye-Stillwater announced that it will increase its shareholding in DRDGOLD from 38.05% to 50.1% which will be effective on 22 January 2020.
Altar project exploration partnership
On 29 June 2018, Sibanye-Stillwater entered into an arrangement agreement with Regulus Resources Inc. and a newly formed subsidiary of Regulus, Aldebaran Resources Inc., creating a strategic partnership in order to unlock value at its Altar copper-gold project in San Juan Province, Argentina.
This transaction offered a unique and transformative opportunity to acquire world class, low-cost international PGM assets, further enhancing Sibanye’s asset portfolio and creating a globally competitive South African mining champion with a unique commodity mix.
The Aquarius Transaction had a strong strategic and financial rationale for Sibanye, both on a stand-alone basis and particularly when considered in conjunction with the prior agreement to acquire Rustenburg PGM operations from Anglo American Platinum.
This transaction represented a meaningful entry for Sibanye into the Platinum Group Metals (“PGM”) sector, securing over 800,000 ounces of annual 4E PGM production and a large high quality resource of over 88 million oz of 4E PGMs offering the potential for substantial LOM extensions and/or growth.
- : Sibanye takes ownership of the Rustenburg Platinum Mines and implements management changes
- : Sibanye announces that the acquisition of the Rustenburg operations is now unconditional
- : Competition authorities approve acquisition of the Rustenburg Operations
- : Results of the general meeting – Acquisition of the Rustenburg Operations
- : Circular to Shareholders regarding proposed acquisition of Rustenburg Operations
- : Competent Person’s Report on Rustenburg Operations
- : Rustenburg Operations SLP
- : Presentation – Sale of the Rustenburg Operations
- : Presentation – Acquisition of Rustenburg investor presentation
- : Sibanye announces the proposed acquisition of the Rustenburg Operations from Anglo American Platinum Limited
- : SENS: Sibanye announces the acquisition of the Rustenburg mining and concentrating operations from Anglo American Platinum Limited