SALE OF SUPPLIER NUMBERS
The sale of supplier numbers from existing suppliers to any company or person is prohibited and is against company policy and procedure. Any advertisement to this effect is a scam.
Companies must only apply for supplier numbers and status on the Sibanye-Stillwater website: www.sibanyestillwater.com
Members of the public who may have paid money towards securing a supplier number are requested to report this matter to the South African Police Service or call the Tip-offs Anonymous hotline on 0800 00 1987
Unsolicited tender invitations
Criminals are contacting suppliers and prospective suppliers via e-mail, SMS and social media, inviting them to apply for tenders at all Sibanye-Stillwater Operations.
It is important for members of the public to note the following:
- All our tenders are managed on COUPA, our electronic tender system.
- The company website is www.sibanyestillwater.com
- Criminals fraudulently use different website addresses that look as if they could be ours – such as www.sibanyegolds.co.za and email@example.com, but THESE ARE NOT SIBANYE-STILLWATER’s APPROVED WEBSITE ADDRESSES.
- The phishing scam is initiated by e-mails, SMS’s and social media advertisements that contain fraudulent e-mail addresses and names that ask for the prospective supplier’s information.
- Once contact has been established, the criminals will claim to facilitate a tender process with the prospective supplier, to either obtain the goods ordered, or to request payment for the tender process, resulting in a financial loss to the victim.
- We will not contact a supplier or prospective supplier via SMS or social media in order to invite them to tender.
- Suppliers are required to register on the ARIBA database on the Sibanye-Stillwater website, before being invited to tender. Invitations to tender are sent by email, with a link to the relevant tender on ARIBA.
- Suppliers will be vetted before being registered as a Supplier on the Sibanye-Stillwater Supplier Database.
- Should you wish to be invited to tender, or wish to register as a Supplier, you will have to contact the Supplier Management Department as per contact details listed on the website.
- We do not use agents or charge any fees for the registration or tender process.
Members of the public who may have paid money towards securing a tender at Sibanye-Stillwater are requested to report this matter to the South African Police Service or call the Tip-offs Anonymous hotline on 0800 00 1987