Sibanye-Stillwater’s dividend policy is to return at least 25% to 35% of normalised earnings to shareholders.
Normalised earnings is defined as earnings attributable to the owners of Sibanye-Stillwater excluding gains and losses on financial instruments and foreign exchange differences, impairments, gains and losses on disposal of property, plant and equipment, occupational healthcare expense, restructuring costs, transactions costs, share-based payment on BEE transaction, gain on acquisition, net other business development costs, share of results of equity-accounted investees, after tax, and changes in estimated deferred tax rate. Normalised earnings constitutes pro forma financial information in terms of the JSE Listings Requirements and is the responsibility of the board of directors (Board).
Sibanye-Stillwater declared a final dividend of 321 SA cents (2019: nil) per share, together with the interim dividend of 50 SA cents (2019: nil) per share (declared and paid), this brings the total dividend for the year ended 31 December 2020 to 371 SA cents (2019: nil) per share, which amounts to 35% of normalised earnings.
- Declaration date: Thursday, 18 February 2021
- Last date to trade cum dividend: Tuesday, 16 March 2021
- Shares commence trading ex-dividend: Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Record date: Friday, 19 March 2021
- Payment of dividend: Tuesday, 23 March 2021
- Each ADR represents 4 ordinary shares;
- ADRs trade ex-dividend on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): Thursday, 18 March 2021;
- Record date: Friday, 19 March 2021;
- Approximate date of currency conversion: Tuesday, 23 March 2021; and
- Approximate payment date of dividend: Thursday, 1 April 2021